Lessons last 55 or 85 minutes.
Depending on what you aim to achieve, you can choose the class that suits your needs best.
Trial class – 30 minutes – 15€
First-time students are recommended to start here, so we can get to know each other, discuss your needs and so you can see what a class might be like.
General French course – all levels – from 22.50€
In these classes, we will work on all skills : speaking, listening, reading and writing. We will use material adapted to your level and you will be given homework. There will be grammar, vocabulary and phonetics. I will guide you to speak with accuracy and to understand the subtleties of the French language.
Conversation classes – from B1 level – from 19.80€
If you already know some French and are mostly interested in speaking it, these classes are for you. We will focus on a different topic each time, that you might have prepared in advance with a video, a recording or a text, and you will try to develop your thoughts in French.
DELF preparation classes – A1-B2 – from 27€
- Preparation for the 4 papers of the exam.
- Help in acquiring techniques to tackle each paper.
- Personalized corrections of your writing with advice to help you improve.
- Work with past papers.
DALF preparation classes – C1-C2 – from 31.50€
- Préparation pour les 4 épreuves du DALF (compréhensions orale et écrite, productions orale et écrite).
- Aide à l’acquisition d’une méthode pour aborder chaque épreuve (on ne se présente pas aux examens du DALF sans être préparé, même si l’on parle couramment le français !)
- Corrections personnalisées de vos écrits avec conseils pour vous améliorer.
- Travail à partir d’examens passés.
HOW AN ONLINE CLASS WORKS
Classes usually take place on Skype. However, there are a few other applications that work well and that can be used depending on preferences and sometimes on the quality of the Internet.
I prefer to work with video, but if you can’t for some reason or don’t feel comfortable with it, we can work without.
Depending on your level and the material we use in our classes, I might prepare the class on Google docs or send you a PDF or a Word document. We’ll use the Skype text box to write or we might write directly in the Google document.
A class will usually start with a short informal chat. We’ll then go over what was difficult in your homework, if anything, before going through the course material for the day. I will then give you some homework to do for the next class (which could be a text to read, a video to watch, a recording to listen to or/and grammar exercises). I do understand that it might be difficult for some students to do homework because of their busy schedule. In this case, we might spend more time on some concepts during classes to make sure they stick.